A Semi-Private Group Class
This information was last updated January 21, 2021.
Join the training team that has been voted Bangor’s Best every year since 2011 and rated as one of the Top 10 Dog Trainers in New England by Best Businesses of America for 2020.
This class is for students that have completed our Puppy Headstart class or those with older dogs that want to learn more about their dog and to teach them the basics. Basic Manners is not suitable for dogs that are reactive or aggressive.
In Basic Manners, we will teach you to train your dog to respond to visual and audible cues for attention, sit, down, come, heel, stay, give, and leave it. This is a semi-private class consisting of two teams of one student with their dog and one instructor. Classes may be held both indoors and outdoors in our upstairs training room. Each session is approximately 40 minutes long and will meet at the same time and day for six weeks. If Green Acres needs to postpone a class for any reason, an additional session will be added to the schedule. Please understand that class postponement due to the COVID pandemic is a distinct possibility.
Two weeks before attending the first class with your dog, you will be sent an email that includes links to view our orientation videos. It is your responsibility to watch these videos before the first in-person class. These videos cover information on canine behavior, training, and human and canine communication that are the foundation of what we will be teaching you in the classes you attend with your dog. You will also receive access to written material that supplements the video and the in-person lessons. The videos can be accessed via a desktop computer, a tablet such as an iPad, or a smartphone. The material presented in-person by your instructor is dependent on you watching the videos ahead of time. You will have access to these materials until the final class.
Schedule - Last Updated 12NOON 21JAN21
Additional dates and times may be added as demand warrants.
- You must pick a specific class from the table below in order for us to process your application.
- Payment and completion of our registration form and waiver are required to reserve your space in class.
|Day||Time||Start Date||Last Date to Withdraw*||Availability**|
|MON||4:00 PM||3/1/21||2/15/21||1 space|
|MON||5:00 PM||3/1/21||2/15/21||2 spaces|
|MON||6:00 PM||3/1/21||2/15/21||1 space|
|TUE||4:00 PM||2/16/21||2/2/21||1 space|
|TUE||5:00 PM||2/16/21||2/2/21||2 spaces|
|TUE||6:00 PM||2/16/21||2/2/21||1 space|
|WED||4:00 PM||3/3/21||2/17/21||2 spaces|
|WED||5:00 PM||3/3/21||2/17/21||2 spaces|
|WED||6:00 PM||3/3/21||2/17/21||2 spaces|
|THU||4:00 PM||2/18/21||2/4/21||1 space|
|THU||5:00 PM||2/18/21||2/4/21||2 spaces|
|THU||5:45 PM||2/18/21||2/4/21||2 spaces|
|SAT||8:00 AM||2/20/21||2/6/21||SOLD OUT|
|SAT||9:00 AM||2/20/21||2/6/21||1 space|
|SAT||10:00 AM||2/20/21||2/6/21||1 space|
|SAT||11:00 AM||2/20/21||2/6/21||2 spaces|
|SAT||12:00 PM||2/27/21||2/13/21||2 spaces|
|SAT||1:00 PM||2/27/21||2/13/21||2 spaces|
|SAT||2:00 PM||2/13/21||2/17/21||2 spaces|
|SAT||3:00 PM||2/2/721||2/13/21||2 spaces|
* You may withdraw or transfer from a class up until this date. After this date fees are non-refundable.
** Please understand that the availability column is not updated in real-time and a class may in fact be full.
Fees & Registration
Your dog’s space in class is reserved as soon as you complete our class registration application and contract and pay the $205 registration fee. This fee is 100% refundable until two weeks before your class starts. You will be given access to the course videos at that time, and the payment is no longer refundable.
Please, read, complete, and sign the electronic application and contract form at the link below. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
Use this button to register if you are a new student at Green Acres Kennel Club.
- Please refrain from entering our facility or training field if:
- You or anyone in your household has knowingly been exposed to someone testing positive for COVID-19. Please follow the Maine CDC’s recommendations for reporting and self-quarantine.
- You or a member of your household have traveled out of state and are required to self-quarantine per Maine CDC protocol.
- Please wear a properly fitting face mask anytime you enter the store or training field for the protection of yourself, staff, and our community. All staff members who have contact with clients will be wearing a properly fitted face mask inside and outside the store. If you are not wearing a face mask, you may be asked to leave immediately.
- Because of the size of our shop, we have elected only to allow two clients at a time inside the store.
- Staff will be parking as close to the road as possible to leave the front spaces available for clients. This will help clients also see how many people are inside. If you are unsure, a staff member will come out to let you know when it is ok to enter. We understand this may cause some delays, but it ensures the safety of everyone.
- Please maintain at least 6’ of space between other clients and staff when inside the building.
- Please, whenever possible, only have one family member per household enter the store for purchases or for dropping off or picking up a pet.
- All classes will be prescheduled via phone or email. Notices of changes in class schedules will be sent via email and posted on the Green Acres Kennel Shop Facebook page, and it is the student’s responsibility to check their email regularly.
- In-person classes may be held outside or in our training room at our discretion.
- Only one family member per pet may attend class at this time.
- To minimize interaction between classes, please arrive on time but remain in your car until the current class has been dismissed, and the staff has given you instructions that you may enter the training field or training room. Be patient as staff will need to sanitize common areas between classes. When you are dismissed from class, do not linger in the store or near the training field and remember to maintain social distancing.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6’ between clients and trainers for the safety of both the dogs and the humans. Areas may be marked off in the field to aid in social distancing. Please remain in the area designated by your instructor.
- No interaction between dogs will be allowed.
- Please do not bring purses and other items to set down on the floor or ground or hang on the fence. Treat bags, clickers, and other supplies need to be on your person. If needed, we will provide water bowls and water for the dogs. We need to minimize the areas we need to sanitize
- No food or beverages for people, other than one bottle of water per person are allowed in the training field.
- All equipment that is provided by the instructor and comes in contact with a student will be disinfected after each student and between classes.
- Trainers will maintain social distancing whenever possible. When demoing with a client’s dog, they will sanitize the leash and their hands afterward.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to be used when needed throughout the session.
- Students will not be allowed to assemble in any entryway, exit, or other shared space before or after their lesson/class.
- Students must maintain social distancing protocols at all times while on the training facility property, including while exercising their dog before and after lessons/classes.